Thursday, February 12, 2009

Advt & Media industry ke common dialogue & funde

Below are some really interesting "verbatims" from apna industry public. 3 yrs in to this industry, these are the most common ones that i have come across... pls comment n add from ur side toooo!!!

- “Pak gaya hu re!!! same client, same public, same kaam; har roz ki mach mach...”
- “Planning to quit yaar. Ek agency mein kitna rehneka??? Networking bada hona chahiye; then only you will grow.”
- “Apna industry hi thakela hai…Chumma (bangalore way of sayin 'SIMPLY') u work soo much & get paid peanuts…”
- “Abe yaar koi opening ho to bol re…yahan mazza nahi hai re…too much of politics!!!”
- “Ek baar recession jaane de; I will be the first to put papers!!!”
- “Pehle achha tha; media party, gifts aur sab…Ab to mushkil se FPC bhi nahi aata, gift to durr ki baat hai…”
- “Mera boss is a slimy one; if I do better than him & showcase it to super boss he gives all teamwork n gyaan, but when he does it, its all ‘I did not show interest, passion, responsibility & bull shit…”
- “My biggest issue is that I cant explain anyone what I do basically!!!”
- “Bolne ko 5 days working hai re!!! either u work ur backlog every Saturday or if u r free than client / ops guy calls u at his own convenience to report some issue with the campaign.”
- “Client side jaane mein issue hai re…sirf media manager ka profile hai…thoda aur market knowledge, brand knowledge hota to branding side bhi ho sakta tha!!!”
- “Ghar par time spend nahi hota re…udhar bhi much much hai…”
- “Boss this is not my JOB... don’t pull me into unnecessary mess yaar…I anyways have too much on my plate…”
- “My boss asks me what I do whole day??? Abe hazaar kaam beech mein hote hai re, sab ka hisaab rakhu kya??? Kabhi kabar kuch miss ho jaata hai …”
- “Lets see how the appraisal goes??? I wish achha bonus mile…”
- “U know u guys are lucky. When we used to work our boss used to make us cry…thoda dedication laao yaar…tume logo sirf 6 months hue hai. This the time to slog buddy…”
- “My boss never needed to tell me to sit after hours n finish the job…it was sheer passion…These new kids are thinking this job as 9 to 5!!!”
- “Abe that guy is a permanent furniture in that agency…even if it shuts down he wont leave…Isliye usko koi bhaav nahi hai…Always show that u have a better market value…”
- “Koi learning as such nahi hai… bored of the brand yaar…”
- “This is his ex brand re… that’s y he will interfere a lot in ur work…don’t take it personally re... apne senior ko bol…”
- “That client is an ex media guy himself…that’s y he is soo finicky…”
- “Y everytime its my mistake only???”
- “This agency is bit formal in nature; u need to learn some protocols here… Its unlike ur old agency…U can't talk like that, u better know the difference between ur peers & seniors!!!”
- “Clients expect us to stick on deadlines!!! But do they ever revert on deadlines for approvals, or queries???”
- “From next month I m for sure going to join gym…”
- “I enjoy theatre, but apne job mein time kidhar hai yaar…pura week kaaam…”
- “Arrey yaar our boss doesn’t stand for us. Client itna stinker nahi deta hai, jitna apna boss.”
- ”U r lucky re, tera boss spends time with u , stands for u n helps u out. Idhar to test tube baby jaisa lagta hai”
- Weekend kaise nikla??? Pata hi nahi chala re”

No comments: